- An affordable national initiation fee of $10 (for students) and $20 for faculty, staff, and alumni (as of March 2018), plus local initiation fee.
- A certificate and pin signifying membership. Membership is for life.
- An outward recognition of personal accomplishment and an incentive for continued high scholarship.
- The opportunity to meet other first-generation scholars from all academic disciplines on your campus and to join them in promoting academic excellence and creating a supportive environment for first-generation college students.
- Identifies you to employers, professionals, and graduate schools as a person of superior academic ability and commitment.
- Ability to mentor younger first-generation students.
- Ability to receive mentoring from more senior first-generation students, as well as faculty, staff, and alumni who were first-generation students.
- Local chapter leadership opportunities.
Student officers read the names of faculty and staff inductees.